Most Important Factors When Calculating the CompensationUpdated on Tuesday 28th February 2017
based on 0 reviews
Personal injuries are quite common nowadays, whether we are talking about workplace injuries, accidents occurring on the street and in most of the cases, car accidents. No matter of the nature of a personal injury occurred in the state of California, our L.A. personal injury attorneys can help you estimate the damage caused during and after the accident.
You should know that if you suffered a personal injury, you have the right to be compensated for the pain you went through. Below, our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers will explain what the most important factors when calculating the compensation you deserve are.
Verifying all the facts when the personal injury occurred
This is perhaps the most important factor to take into account when calculating the compensation for a personal injury in Los Angeles. In order to factor in all the facts, our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys will go through every detail of your case, verify all the details and determine how the compensation should be calculated. They will emphasize facts like:
- - how the accident happened;
- - establishing the nature of the personal injury;
- - gathering all the evidence related to the personal injury;
- - filing the claim as soon as possible;
- - making sure the right amount is offered by the insurer.
Apart from that, you can also use the calculator provided by our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys in order to estimate the amount you should receive.
The importance of evidence when calculating the compensation for a personal injury case in L.A.
The evidence is the factor that counts the most when filing a claim from compensation after suffering a personal injury in Los Angeles. The following evidence should be submitted when calculating the compensation:
- - the medical expenses incurred at the time and after the accident;
- - the period spent away from working which usually triggers the loss of income;
- - the physical and emotional suffering caused by the injury;
- - the emotional distress caused to other family members, such as spouses and children;
- - the damage caused to the property, if it is the case;
- - rehabilitation, if required.
You should know that all the evidence must be filed with the insurer of the party causing the accident, and that is why legal assistance in gathering all the evidence and negotiating is required.
For more information on other factors which should be taken into consideration when calculating the compensation, please contact our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys.