Legal ServicesUpdated on Thursday 09th February 2017
Rate this article
based on 3 reviews
based on 3 reviews
Our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys specialize in personal injury cases in California, from vehicle accidents and medical malpractice to dog bites and slip & fall accidents. We offer legal assistance to the victims of all types of personal injuries and can help represent you in court. The evaluation of your case is free of charge and you don’t have to pay a cent until you receive the compensation you are entitled to. The costs of a personal injury lawsuit should not prevent you from trying to obtain the rightful compensations.
Types of personal injuries in Los Angeles
Our personal injury attorneys in Los Angeles can offer legal assistance and representation in the case of:
- vehicle accidents: if you have been injured in a vehicle accident and you need a compensation for the pain you suffered and the medical bills you have to pay, you may contact our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys. They are experienced in such cases and they obtain the right compensation for you from the insurance company or directly from the guilty party. It is important to call us as soon as possible after the accident because the evaluation of the case is free and you don’t have to pay money in advance before you obtain a compensation. Our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys will help you obtain money for the damage to your car, medical bills, lost wages and your suffering. We recommend that, after a car accident, you should seek medical assistance and treatment and then call our lawyers.
- other road accidents: apart from vehicle accidents, there are some other types of accidents, such as bicycle injuries or pedestrian accidents, that affect thousands of people every year. These cause severe personal injuries and the victims need to contact an experienced lawyer for legal assistance in order to obtain a compensation.
- wrongful death: we provide legal services not only for the victims of different types of accidents but also for the family members of those who lost their lives because of someone else’s fault. No matter if the victim died in a car or construction accident or because of the negligence of somebody who had to take care of her/him, we are beside the relatives of the victim and help them fight for a plentiful reparation. Our personal injury lawyers will go in court and present the case even if you are not prepared to go through such an experience, right after you lost a dear member your family.
- medical malpractice: an important number of people who need medical treatment for a long period of time or suffer from a serious illness consider that they don’t receive the medical care they are entitled to and they are given a wrong treatment that causes them serious medical problems instead of a fast recovery. If you have such suppositions, it is recommended to talk to a personal injury lawyer, who is experienced in medical procedures. You can also contact a lawyer in case of medical negligence, a failure of diagnosis, a misdiagnosis or when the standard of care is not provided.
- defective products: there are thousands of injured consumers every year because of the defective products that are sold all over the country. The laws in California protect the consumers against any possible injury they may get because of the products that are not verified before being released on the market. The manufacturers have the legal obligation to notify the users about the possible dangers they may suffer when using a certain product, especially when these goods may cause death or serious injuries.
- slip & fall accidents: there are a lot of accidents that may happen on somebody’s property that will be treated as “slip & fall” and they are related to the liability of the owner for the injury suffered by a person. The owner of a place has the obligation to warn and protect his guests or other persons from any injury they can get on his property because of risks that can be foreseen.
- dog bites: even if you don’t provoke a dog, it may attack and hurt you and the owner of that animal is responsible for his pet's actions. Some dog owners don’t have an insurance because many insurance companies don’t offer any services for the people who have certain breeds of violent dogs, such as Pit Bull or Rottweiler. In case you suffered an injury because of a dog or other animal bite, you may contact our L.A. personal injury attorneys.
What to consider when filing a lawsuit in a personal injury case
The state of California imposes certain strict laws that influence the manner in which a personal injury case is treated and how the victim can obtain compensation. A very important rule is the statute of limitations. In California, the victim has two years from the date of the accident to bring the case to court. In medical malpractice cases, this period can be longer if the discovery rule applies (the date on which the victim discovered that the injury was caused by a negligent medical professional).
Shared fault cases are treated in a special manner in Los Angeles and the rest of California. If the victim is also found guilty for the occurrence of the accident, then he or she will only be able to obtain reduced compensations: the reduction applies to the same percentage as the one the victim is found guilty of.
The stress and emotional impact of an accident are hard both on the victim and on his or her relatives. At our law firm in Los Angeles, we treat each case with dedication and professionalism so that you can get the best possible outcome after having been injured.
For any other case of personal injury, you may contact our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys for a free evaluation. We can handle almost any type of personal injury case that can be solved through a settlement or in court.